DIRECTOR, EXPENSE MANAGEMENT
Join an exciting, fast-paced B2B company with a dynamic and award-winning team that provides consulting, sales and support for the complete universe of voice, data, internet, mobile and cloud solutions. We are seeking a Director of Expense Management with the commitment, skill and work ethic necessary to join the A-team. Responsibilities include directing the business process, software platform roadmap, and service delivery for managing complex, global (telecom) billing processes, contract rate analysis, vendor relationship management and
ensuring expenditures match logical inventory and are in compliance with carrier contract rates and commitments. This position will play an integral cross functional role within the Finance,Sales and Operations teams.
Define best in class business processes and work with our product and development teams to build the systems, process and team for this new business unit.
- Oversee and direct Telecom Expense Management team for billing analysis, cost review, complex voice, data, internet and cloud inventory control as well as reporting and periodic customer reviews. Manage the vendor relationships for usage invoices, which includes monitoring the progress, usage audit functions and system initiatives.
- Partner with Network Operations, Provisioning and Procurement to address billing issues and improve operational procedures and controls.
- Provide leadership to the Telco Billing team on best practices and processes. Lead team in aligning core responsibilities, strategy and activities essential to add value to the telecom billing/expense management process.
- Responsible for directing the auditing and payment of telecommunication service provider invoices in an accurate and timely basis. Manage the resolution of billing discrepancies to assure corrections and credits are completed prior to the next invoice being generated.
- Monitor service level commitments which include availability, billing accuracy, renewal terms, disconnects, term liabilities and vendor account/circuit audits.
- Identify and execute dispute and relationship management strategies that ensure optimal results. Manage the carrier receivables process. Assure all billing credits are identified, the generation of invoices is accurate and timely, and payment receipt complies with the terms of the agreement.
- Ensure proper accounting of expenses is performed, reconcile payments and credits, and perform research on outstanding balances.
- Investigate irregularities in charge trends, determine corrective action, and partner with the Network Engineering teams and/or service provider to implement fixes as required.
- Ability to create a single source of truth inventory for the largest, most complex, and globally dispersed telecom environments, where the customers have numerous sources of inventory data, a broad range of providers and little understanding of what services are actually employed and required by their business.
- Perform analysis of monthly accrual entries, prepare any necessary adjustments, and provide explanations to the Accounting and Operational teams on the impacts telco network expenses have to monthly financial results.
- Develop reporting and models to prepare accruals, to analyze the financial impacts of run rates and impacts to changes in operations/projects for forecasting purposes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for month end close, outstanding dispute resolution status, and on billing rate variances to run rates.
- Seek out and define automation practices and bill audit improvements to increase the accuracy and timeliness of billing.
- Work with our internal development team to improve systems, processes and logic to further enhance our service offering in an efficient and automated manner.
- Partner with Customers in negotiating business terms with domestic and global carriers.
- Work with Sales, Procurement, Operations and Finance Leadership to develop the
- strategic direction of an improved Telecom Expense Management service delivery process.
- Manage key carrier relationships using quality tools, performance metrics, KPI's and other selection criteria. Work with carrier's network stewardship teams to resolve performance issues and improve process flows in the delivery of services to our customers.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure business operations provide input to improve Telecom Expense Management service offering.
We value suggestions and ideas on how to better our business processes; therefore, you will be encouraged and expected to develop and improve internal audit and business processes and controls to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and best practices to deliver world class solutions to our customers. In short, we expect you to lead our team in building a best in class service that exceeds customer expectations and sets the bar for telecom expense management and
reporting for enterprises.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of telecommunications experience in Carrier Cost/Expense Management required with 3-5 years experience in leadership/management role.
- Experienced is preferred with a carrier, TEM firm and/or $100M plus organization that has complex Voice & Data Networks.
- Project Management experience preferred including understanding and use of quality tools (Agile, Lean, Six Sigma).
- Strong communication, leadership, coaching/development and strategic planning skills as well as highly developed interpersonal skills for contact with customers, managers and carriers to obtain and interpret a variety of information, based on knowledge of departmental practices, policies and programs.
- Experience working with accounting and financial rules that govern telecommunications billing practices, including accruals, customer contracts and dispute management.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a proven track of working independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Proven proficiency with numbers, experience in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into improved analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience using various TEM software applications is a plus. Employee has a legal right to work in the United State
- Long Island, New York OR
- Remote/Home Office
- Salary, bonus & benefits commensurate with experience and achievement
For more information, please email CAREERS@ADVANTAGECG.COM
Advantage Communications is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.