WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
Advantage Communication Group, a leading technology sourcing advisor for business customers worldwide. We are seeking a Technical Writer with proven experiences in software and business process documentation. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- Document complex business processes according to Company standards
- Be present (onsite or via phone conference) to capture process details as presented during meetings
- Communicate effectively to direct management and speak to the progress of a project at any given time
- Work closely with the team to ensure accuracy of workflows and diagrams
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Independently gather information to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials utilizing SharePoint.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Other duties as required.
- Experience creating technical content aimed at internal and external users of Web-based SAAS application.
- Experience with Business Process Mapping Notation or similar frameworks for documenting business processes
- IT and or telecommunications experience a plus
- Experience producing documentation in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing or defining a style guide, which is also listed above under responsibilities.
- Extensive experience with documentation tools, including:
- Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- Adobe Technical Communications Suite (Framemaker and Robohelp)
- Experience with SharePoint content management using Wiki, Document libraries, and metadata management.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
- BA/BS preferred
- 5-7 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Ability to work efficiently from home, but under the supervision of direct management.
- Experience in telecom and technology a plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail
- Strong listening and writing ability as demonstrated ability accurately document information provided verbally.
- Previous software documentation experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite as well as Visio, SharePoint is required