The Scrum Master at Advantage is responsible for guiding and coaching the scrum teams ensuring that the development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices. The Scrum Master will mentor and motivate the teams, facilitate meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminate team impediments.
• Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
• Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
• Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
• Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
• Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
• Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
• Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
• Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.
• Prepare and present status reports to stakeholders.
- Experience creating technical content aimed at internal and external users of Web-based SAAS application.
- Experience with Business Process Mapping Notation or similar frameworks for documenting business processes
- IT and or telecommunications experience a plus
- Experience producing documentation in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing or defining a style guide, which is also listed above under responsibilities.
- Extensive experience with documentation tools, including:
- Microsoft Office suite including Visio
- Adobe Technical Communications Suite (Framemaker and Robohelp)
- Experience with SharePoint content management using Wiki, Document libraries, and metadata management.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
• 6+ years of product or software development experience Agile Team.
• Certified Scrum Master, PSM preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Scrum Master.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
• Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
• Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
• Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
Planning and problem solving with internal teams.
Advantage provides salary & benefits commensurate with experience and achievement.
Email email@example.com to apply.
To view all job listings, visit advantagecg.com/careers.