Data is considered by many to be a company’s most valuable asset. Yet protection of that data continues to be a challenge for businesses of all sizes. Its estimate that over one-third of US business experienced some level of data loss in 2016, and that one-third of those companies were unable 45 restore their lost business information. And according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), 40 percent of small businesses never reopen their doors after a disaster.
The cloud has changed the data backup industry. Because of its affordable price points, business of all sizes are able to get an offsite solution that automatically backs up all of their data, with little or no CAPEX. Below are five quick advantages of cloud backup:
- Simple. Cloud backup solutions have made ongoing management and restoration easy. With just a few clicks of the mouse, backed up files can be easily found and restored.
- Automated. Time is one of the most commonly stated reasons companies aren’t backing up their data. Cloud backup doesn’t require an additional time commitment from the provider or the client. Computer files are backed up to the cloud automatically and continuously as long as there is an internet connection.
- Access Anytime, From Anywhere. Having data in the cloud allows users to access their data anytime and anywhere. As long as there is Internet access, all files are readily available. There is no need to have to travel around with a laptop or go back to the office to access files.
- Located Off-Site. It’s important to keep a copy of files offsite. Even if business files are backed up on a file server, a disaster that effects a company’s location – including a hurricane, flood, fire or theft - could destroy both the computer and backups. Keeping backed up files in the cloud ensures data is safe no matter what is going on at the office.
- Affordable. Most business don’t have an unlimited IT budget. It’s important to use a solution that makes sense and won’t require a significant capital expenditure. Cloud backup requires no CPE purchase, is OPEX nor CAPEX, and monthly plans start at a few hundred dollars.
Advantage partners with a variety of Cloud Backup providers, ensuring that we can design a virtual backup solution that meets your operational and financial specifications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your risk-free assessment.